PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
Welcome to Founded in Scotland and Founded X. Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website(s), services and applications (the “Services”). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these terms or the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Will these Terms ever change?
We may occasionally change these Terms, so we encourage you to review the Terms periodically. The most current version of the Terms (along with their effective date) will be linked from each of the Site and Services. If you continue to use the Site and Services after we change the Terms, you accept all changes.
What are the basics of using Founded in Scotland?
If you sign up for the community, you promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself and your startup. You may not register with Founded in Scotland with a name that you don’t have the right to use, or another person’s name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract (or if not, you’ve received your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use the Services and gotten your parent or guardian to agree to these Terms on your behalf).
You will only use the Services if you are an authorised agent of the respective startup, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party, and only in a manner that complies with all applicable laws. If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorised to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
You will not share your account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your account and your password. You’re responsible for any activity associated with your account.
Intellectual Property License
The content, information, starting kits, data, designs, code, and materials associated with the Site and Services (“Content”) are protected by intellectual property and other laws. You must comply with all such laws and applicable copyright, trademark or other legal notices or restrictions.
Subject to these Terms, you may access and use the Site and Services only for your own personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all other rights to the Site and Services and Content, and you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, or create derivative works of the Site and Services or Content without our permission. You also may not transfer or sublicense this limited right to use the Site and Services or resell the Site and Services.
Founded in Scotland respects intellectual property rights. If you believe that Content on the Site and Services infringes your copyright, please follow our procedures for making a copyright infringement claim. If you have a legal complaint other than a copyright claim, please follow our procedure for making other legal complaints.
Will Founded in Scotland ever change the Services?
We’re always trying to improve the Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We’ll try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services that would adversely affect you, but this isn’t always practical. Similarly, we reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Does Founded in Scotland cost anything?
Founded in Scotland Services are currently free, but we reserve the right to charge for certain or all Services in the future. We will notify you before any Services you are then using begin carrying a fee, and if you wish to continue using such Services, you must pay all applicable fees for such Services.
Your use of the Services is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission (each of those terms is defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
• (a) Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Founded in Scotland);
• (b) Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control laws;
• (c) Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
• (d) Jeopardizes the security of your Founded in Scotland account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
• (e) Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
• (f) Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
• (g) Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
• (h) “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
• (i) Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
• (j) Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.